Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tk - Displaying an image and selecting a regio of interest (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t891287-tk-displaying-an-image-and-selecting-a-regio-of-interest.html)

Thommes 03-10-2005 03:54 PM

Tk - Displaying an image and selecting a regio of interest

Hello eveyone,

I'm new to Tk.
I want my script to display an image on the screen, then I want the
user to be able to draw a rectangluar region of interest into the
image. I want the script to return the coordiantes of this ROI.
Is there an easy way to solve this problem or is there a good
tutorial?

Thanks very much for your help,
Thommes

Ala Qumsieh 03-10-2005 05:40 PM

Re: Tk - Displaying an image and selecting a regio of interest

Thommes wrote:
> Hello eveyone,
>
> I'm new to Tk.
> I want my script to display an image on the screen, then I want the
> user to be able to draw a rectangluar region of interest into the
> image. I want the script to return the coordiantes of this ROI.
> Is there an easy way to solve this problem or is there a good
> tutorial?

I would use a Canvas object, and plot your image onto it. Then, you can
draw rectangles by binding mouse buttons and motion. You can find some
helpful examples at:

www.perltk.org/articles/index.htm

Also, there is a newsgroup dedicated to Perl/Tk. Please post any
Tk-related questions to comp.lang.perl.tk.

--Ala

Octo Mancer 03-10-2005 05:55 PM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:54:32 -0800, Thommes wrote:

> Hello eveyone,
>
> I'm new to Tk.
> I want my script to display an image on the screen, then I want the user
> to be able to draw a rectangluar region of interest into the image. I want
> the script to return the coordiantes of this ROI. Is there an easy way to
> solve this problem or is there a good tutorial?
>
> Thanks very much for your help,
> Thommes

You would probably be better off asking this in comp.lang.perl.tk

Rich