Velocity Reviews

-   -   printing PDF in win32 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t890499-printing-pdf-in-win32.html)

mike 01-31-2005 10:20 AM

printing PDF in win32

hi

i am working in Win32 env.
I have some pdf files to print to a network printer using a perl script
I have searched CPAN but am not sure which modules can i use to do that.

(eg. there are some modules such as Win32::Printer and Printer etc..)

can someone advise me on this?
thanks...

Brian McCauley 01-31-2005 12:39 PM

Re: printing PDF in win32

mike wrote:

> i am working in Win32 env.
> I have some pdf files to print to a network printer using a perl script
> I have searched CPAN but am not sure which modules can i use to do that.
>
> (eg. there are some modules such as Win32::Printer and Printer etc..)
>
> can someone advise me on this?

As far as I know what I said back in 2003 ago still holds, i.e. to print
PDF on Windows other than manually through the reader you need a full
(non-free) version of Acrobat.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...51c2a5f4dba402

Sébastien Cottalorda 01-31-2005 01:54 PM

Re: printing PDF in win32

mike wrote:

> hi
>
> i am working in Win32 env.
> I have some pdf files to print to a network printer using a perl script
> I have searched CPAN but am not sure which modules can i use to do that.
>
> (eg. there are some modules such as Win32::Printer and Printer etc..)
>
> can someone advise me on this?
> thanks...

Hi,

you can use ghostscript

cheers.

Sébastien

--
[ retirer NOSPAM pour répondre directement
remove NOSPAM to reply directly ]