Velocity Reviews

-   -   Deleting news messages (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8900-deleting-news-messages.html)

Walter Donavan 07-03-2004 12:42 AM

Deleting news messages

I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.

Moz Champion 07-03-2004 03:03 AM

Re: Deleting news messages

Walter Donavan wrote:
> I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.

You cant really <delete> newsgroup messages, as they exist on the server, but you can control which ones you see, which should satisfy your question.

You can control how far 'back' your newsgroup listing goes with the use of
<newsgroup server>-->View Settings for this account
<name>-->Offline & Disk Space

The entries under 'Keep' allow you to specifiy which ones you see in your listing in effect. If for example you 'keep' only messages for 5 days, then no messages older than five days will be shown in your view.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Walter Donavan 07-03-2004 06:52 AM

Re: Deleting news messages

Moz Champion wrote:
> Walter Donavan wrote:
>
>> I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.

> You cant really <delete> newsgroup messages, as they exist on the
> server, but you can control which ones you see, which should satisfy
> your question.
>
> You can control how far 'back' your newsgroup listing goes with the use of
> <newsgroup server>-->View Settings for this account
> <name>-->Offline & Disk Space
>
> The entries under 'Keep' allow you to specifiy which ones you see in
> your listing in effect. If for example you 'keep' only messages for 5
> days, then no messages older than five days will be shown in your view.

Hmm. Thank you. I am just learning Mozilla-think and it is a bit
different from Outlook Express, which allows me to delete downloaded
messages. Anyway, I set my preferences as you showed me. Thanks again.

Walter Donavan 07-03-2004 06:54 AM

Re: Deleting news messages

Moz Champion wrote:

> Walter Donavan wrote:
>
>> I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.

> You cant really <delete> newsgroup messages, as they exist on the
> server, but you can control which ones you see, which should satisfy
> your question.
>
> You can control how far 'back' your newsgroup listing goes with the use of
> <newsgroup server>-->View Settings for this account
> <name>-->Offline & Disk Space
>
> The entries under 'Keep' allow you to specifiy which ones you see in
> your listing in effect. If for example you 'keep' only messages for 5
> days, then no messages older than five days will be shown in your view.

Thanks. I am learning Mozilla-Think and it is different from Outlook
Express.

Moz Champion 07-03-2004 07:36 AM

Re: Deleting news messages

Walter Donavan wrote:

> Moz Champion wrote:
>
>> Walter Donavan wrote:
>>
>>> I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.

>> You cant really <delete> newsgroup messages, as they exist on the
>> server, but you can control which ones you see, which should satisfy
>> your question.
>>
>> You can control how far 'back' your newsgroup listing goes with the
>> use of
>> <newsgroup server>-->View Settings for this account
>> <name>-->Offline & Disk Space
>>
>> The entries under 'Keep' allow you to specifiy which ones you see in
>> your listing in effect. If for example you 'keep' only messages for 5
>> days, then no messages older than five days will be shown in your view.
>>

> Thanks. I am learning Mozilla-Think and it is different from Outlook
> Express.

No, its not really different, just expressed differently is all. With regards to newsgroup messages, Mozilla and Outlook Express operate in almost the same manner in fact, just the words used to describe the various functions differ.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org