Velocity Reviews

-   -   Format With Color Output (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t889994-format-with-color-output.html)

Muller 01-05-2005 03:37 PM

Format With Color Output

Hi,
I am using FORMAT Comand to beautify the conlsole output using "write",
and I use Win32::Console to add colors, I want only cirtain Variables
defined in FORMAT to get color effect,
if I change the color value like
$Console->Attr($Color);
write;
then complete FORMAT output is changed,

Tlexnex 01-13-2005 08:35 PM

Re: Format With Color Output

Muller wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using FORMAT Comand to beautify the conlsole output using

"write",
> and I use Win32::Console to add colors, I want only cirtain Variables

> defined in FORMAT to get color effect,
> if I change the color value like
> $Console->Attr($Color);
> write;
> then complete FORMAT output is changed,

I'm trying to handle colors within formats as well, did you find a
resolution to this? I want to create a logging standard for my script
processes that resembles the Linux boot process - easy to follow and
read. There does not seem to be a clean way to do this in Perl..
Thanks,

Todd