Velocity Reviews

-   -   Retrieving cookies from a webserver (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t888194-retrieving-cookies-from-a-webserver.html)

Peter v.d. Berger 09-26-2004 10:47 PM

Retrieving cookies from a webserver

Hello all,

I wrote a simple perl-script using Libwhisker to retrieve a plain html file
from a website (on a remote webserver) to view some stats of that site.
The website uses cookies, and i found out these cookies contain useful
information for me. Now I also want to retrieve (and print) the first cookie
the server sends me (the 'client').
Main problem: I'm not a Perl-guru, and i can't find any clear documentation
about retrieving cookies when you're simulating a webbrowser with a
perl-script.
My question: can someone point me to some clear documentation, or even give
me some info or an example on how to do this?

Kind regards,

Peter

A. Sinan Unur 09-26-2004 11:40 PM

Re: Retrieving cookies from a webserver

"Peter v.d. Berger" <pvdberger@xs4all.nl> wrote in

> Main problem: I'm not a Perl-guru, and i can't find any clear
> documentation about retrieving cookies when you're simulating a
> webbrowser with a perl-script.

http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/lib/lwpcook.html

Sinan