Velocity Reviews

-   -   FIREFOX 0.9/0.9.1 ?BUG?: Not loading pages properly (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8874-firefox-0-9-0-9-1-bug-not-loading-pages-properly.html)

waterlamb 06-30-2004 12:06 PM

FIREFOX 0.9/0.9.1 ?BUG?: Not loading pages properly

Is anyone able to confirm whether this is a bug or not?

Since installing and using the 0.9x series of Firefox, I have noticed that I
am having to continually reclick on links, reopen and reload pages.

I did not notice this happening on any versions prior to 0.9.

What is happening is that when a link is clicked, I often end up sitting
waiting for the page to load and nothing happens (if it is a link opening in
a new tab, it times out and ends up with an "Untitled" header, or for urls
entered in the title bar, a previously viewed page remains while the url
attempt times out.

I find that because of these problems, that I have to continually re-click
links (sometimes more than once) to properly activate and load a page.

This can be particularly annoying when you are clicking off a list of new
tabs from a links page listing (ie Google search), then going onto the next
page only to find that the "new tabs" have not opened the pages as expected,
so you have to retrace your steps.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with the newer versions, or
make suggestions as to a way to remedy the problem? This is 0.9x specific
(earlier versions and IE unaffected).