Velocity Reviews

-   -   Perl Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t887282-perl-question.html)

Sherwin Flight 07-15-2004 04:47 PM

Perl Question

I have a perl script that has this in it:
$smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_server);
Problem is that my server requires authentication to send messages. How do I
add my account name and password to this so that messages can be sent?

Sherm Pendley 07-15-2004 04:53 PM

Re: Perl Question

Sherwin Flight wrote:

> $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_server);
> Problem is that my server requires authentication to send messages. How do
> I add my account name and password to this so that messages can be sent?

My first guess would be to try using the method described in the docs for
the module you're using:

$smtp->auth($username, $password);

sherm--

Brian McCauley 07-15-2004 04:55 PM

Re: Perl Question

"Sherwin Flight" <sherwin_flight@hotmail.com> writes:

> Subject: Re: Perl Question

Please put the subject of your post in the Subject of your post. If
in doubt try this simple test. Imagine you could have been bothered
to have done a search before you posted. Next imagine you found a
thread with your subject line. Would you have been able to recognise
it as the same subject?

If your subject truely refects your level of understanding of your
problem then it is unlikely that you have thought about your problem
anywhere near enough to consider asking anyone else for help.

> I have a perl script that has this in it:
> $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_server);
> Problem is that my server requires authentication to send messages. How do I
> add my account name and password to this so that messages can be sent?

Have you tried looking in the Net::SMTP documentation?

--
\\ ( )

Sherwin Flight 07-15-2004 05:03 PM

Re: Perl Question