Velocity Reviews

-   -   PERL automatic authentication (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t887272-perl-automatic-authentication.html)

KG 07-14-2004 10:30 PM

PERL automatic authentication

I have a site that uses basic authentication (.htacess stuff)

I want to write a perl script that automatically logs a user in
without the popup stuff

I was going to do print location
http://user:pass@www.server.com/secretstuff/

But MSFT took that away from us 2 months ago. ARGH.

Any clues?

Gregory Toomey 07-15-2004 12:04 AM

Re: PERL automatic authentication

KG wrote:

> I have a site that uses basic authentication (.htacess stuff)
>
> I want to write a perl script that automatically logs a user in
> without the popup stuff
>
> I was going to do print location
> http://user:pass@www.server.com/secretstuff/

I do that all the time with LWP::Simple.

> But MSFT took that away from us 2 months ago. ARGH.

Tell them to give it back.

gtoomey

Tad McClellan 07-15-2004 12:25 AM

KG <kevin@nextstopsix.com> wrote:
> I have a site that uses basic authentication (.htacess stuff)
>
> I want to write a perl script that automatically logs a user in
> without the popup stuff

[snip]

> But MSFT took that away from us 2 months ago.

Are we supposed to know what MSFT is?

What is MSFT?

> Any clues?

perldoc LWP::UserAgent