Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cron-like module (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t887041-cron-like-module.html)

Sebastian Tymków 06-25-2004 10:57 AM

Cron-like module

Hi,

I'm looking for some perl module which will
work like cron. I want to daemonize my script and
run some command periodicly( one at A time and the
other at B time)

--
Shamrock

Tad McClellan 06-25-2004 12:22 PM

Re: Cron-like module

http://search.cpan.org

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
tadmc@augustmail.com Perl programming

Paul Lalli 06-25-2004 12:28 PM

Re: Cron-like module

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Sebastian [iso-8859-2] Tymków wrote:

> I'm looking for some perl module which will
> work like cron. I want to daemonize my script and
> run some command periodicly( one at A time and the
> other at B time)

When you say you're 'looking', are you actually looking, or are you just
asking the world to look for you?

Where have you looked so far, I'm curious?

The place to look for perl modules is CPAN - visit http://search.cpan.org

A search for 'cron' returns a heck of a lot of responses. Have you seen
them yet?

Paul Lalli

Sebastian Tymków 06-25-2004 01:32 PM

Re: Cron-like module

W artykule <20040625082717.L23512@dishwasher.cs.rpi.edu> Paul Lalli napisał(a):
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Sebastian [iso-8859-2] Tymk?w wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for some perl module which will
>> work like cron. I want to daemonize my script and
>> run some command periodicly( one at A time and the
>> other at B time)

> When you say you're 'looking', are you actually looking, or are you just
> asking the world to look for you?
>
> Where have you looked so far, I'm curious?
>
> The place to look for perl modules is CPAN - visit http://search.cpan.org
>
> A search for 'cron' returns a heck of a lot of responses. Have you seen
> them yet?

Ok, my mistake. I'm curious what do you recommend. I know that I should use
http://search.cpan.org but I'm curious if anybody use something similiar.

--
Shamrock