Velocity Reviews

-   -   Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($) at ... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t886763-prototype-mismatch-sub-main-head-vs-at.html)

Aaron DeLoach 06-05-2004 08:53 PM

Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($) at ...

The line that produces the error: "Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($)
at line ..." contains a call to the LWP module as follows: "use
LWP::Simple;"

Why am I getting this error in the error log?

Anno Siegel 06-05-2004 09:16 PM

Re: Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($) at ...

Aaron DeLoach <aaron@deloachcorp.com> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> The line that produces the error: "Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($)
> at line ..." contains a call to the LWP module as follows: "use
> LWP::Simple;"
>
> Why am I getting this error in the error log?

You have probably defined a function named "head" elsewhere in your
program. When LWP::Simple tries to export its function "head", Perl
reports a clash. Whether the function is defined in your program,
or imported from somewhere else is anyone's guess, since you show
no code.

Anno

Ben Morrow 06-05-2004 09:47 PM

Re: Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($) at ...

Quoth anno4000@lublin.zrz.tu-berlin.de (Anno Siegel):
> Aaron DeLoach <aaron@deloachcorp.com> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> > The line that produces the error: "Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($)
> > at line ..." contains a call to the LWP module as follows: "use
> > LWP::Simple;"
> >
> > Why am I getting this error in the error log?

> You have probably defined a function named "head" elsewhere in your
> program. When LWP::Simple tries to export its function "head", Perl
> reports a clash. Whether the function is defined in your program,
> or imported from somewhere else is anyone's guess, since you show
> no code.

Applying PSI::ESP: see the section 'CAVEAT' of perldoc LWP::Simple.

Ben

--
Like all men in Babylon I have been a proconsul; like all, a slave ... During
one lunar year, I have been declared invisible; I shrieked and was not heard,