Velocity Reviews

-   -   trace sub's calls stack to STDERR (for cgi debugging) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t884421-trace-subs-calls-stack-to-stderr-for-cgi-debugging.html)

henq 01-01-2004 04:41 PM

trace sub's calls stack to STDERR (for cgi debugging)

Hi,

I am developing a web application framework (based on template toolkit).
Its design is Object Oriented, so a lot of
$self->foobar();
kind of methods are called.

I'd like to trace these calls to a log file or STDERR (with Carp perhaps?)
so they get to Apache's error log.

All my classes are subclasses of a Object.pm package, so if I can change the
method invocation there to write a debug statement, I am all set.

Any hints ?

TIA

henq

Peter Scott 01-02-2004 01:10 AM

Re: trace sub's calls stack to STDERR (for cgi debugging)

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Log-Log4perl/

--
Peter Scott
http://www.perldebugged.com/