Velocity Reviews

-   -   password retention problems (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8841-password-retention-problems.html)

Anthony Boor 06-26-2004 04:14 PM

password retention problems

Greetings,

I am having trouble making Mozilla 1.7's e-mail client remember my
mail server passwords. They will stay while I'm using it, but once I
close out Mozilla, when I re-start it later, the passwords aren't
there anymore, and I have to re-enter them. And yes, each time I do
that, I check the box to tell it to remember the passwords.

How does Mozilla remember the passwords? Or, more specifically, what
file do they go to? Reason I am asking is that I regularly sweep out
my file system using Window Washer -- perhaps I'm accidentally erasing
the something that remembers the passwords.

--Anthony Boor

Moz Champion 06-29-2004 06:18 AM

Re: password retention problems

Anthony Boor wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am having trouble making Mozilla 1.7's e-mail client remember my
> mail server passwords. They will stay while I'm using it, but once I
> close out Mozilla, when I re-start it later, the passwords aren't
> there anymore, and I have to re-enter them. And yes, each time I do
> that, I check the box to tell it to remember the passwords.
>
> How does Mozilla remember the passwords? Or, more specifically, what
> file do they go to? Reason I am asking is that I regularly sweep out
> my file system using Window Washer -- perhaps I'm accidentally erasing
> the something that remembers the passwords.
>
> --Anthony Boor

Have you told Mozilla to remember?

Mozilla-->Preferences-->Privacy & Security-->Passwords
X Remember Passwords

passwords are stored within the profile folder, in a file named xxxxxxx.s (the xxxxxx is randomly generated)

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Anthony Boor 07-01-2004 05:57 PM

Moz Champion <moz.champion@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<AQ7Ec.157759$Gx4.3745@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> Have you told Mozilla to remember?
>
> Mozilla-->Preferences-->Privacy & Security-->Passwords
> X Remember Passwords
>
> passwords are stored within the profile folder, in a file named xxxxxxx.s (the xxxxxx is randomly generated)

I found my problem. Webroot Window Washer wiped out the Mozilla Form
Data every time I used it, and that's why it wouldn't "remember" my
passwords. Now that I have instructed WW to leave the Form Data
alone, it's fine now.

--Anthony Boor