Velocity Reviews

-   -   calling XS(function) from C (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t883529-calling-xs-function-from-c.html)

Penguinista 11-07-2003 11:08 PM

calling XS(function) from C

I'm embeding perl in a C program and using swig to generate an
interface. One of the generated functions is XS(boot_module) to
initialize the extension functions in perl, and intended to be called
from perl in a module bootstrap operation. In my case I want to call it
from C code. I've gotten a kludge that to works on my system, but
breaks on a different system. Is there a 'proper' way to make this call?

Ilya Zakharevich 11-08-2003 09:28 AM

Re: calling XS(function) from C

Penguinista
<peter@nospam.calweb.com>], who wrote in article <3fac25e8$0$22655$d368eab@news.calweb.com>:
> I'm embeding perl in a C program and using swig to generate an
> interface. One of the generated functions is XS(boot_module) to
> initialize the extension functions in perl, and intended to be called
> from perl in a module bootstrap operation. In my case I want to call it
> from C code. I've gotten a kludge that to works on my system, but
> breaks on a different system. Is there a 'proper' way to make this call?

Did you look how XSLoader does it?

Yours,
Ilya