Velocity Reviews

-   -   Persisting values on a webform (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t88350-persisting-values-on-a-webform.html)

John 10-10-2004 03:31 AM

Persisting values on a webform

Hi

I am reading a context value (passed by calling page) in a web form. In page
load I read it using
x.text = CType(Context.Items("Calling_Page"), String). x being a textbox on
the webform. Neither x nor Context.Items("Calling_Page") has any value in
the click event of a button. How can I persist the value between the page
load and the button click events on the same web form? I have tried using a
public variable but that is cleared before the button click event for some
reason too.

Thanks

Regards

Xavier Pacheco 10-10-2004 12:34 PM

Re: Persisting values on a webform

This was a link just posted recently on doing this.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...tate/default.a
spx

--
Xavier Pacheco