Velocity Reviews

-   -   Something like JSP tags (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t883411-something-like-jsp-tags.html)

Laszlo 11-03-2003 01:44 PM

Something like JSP tags

Hi Gurus

Did somebody develop a mechanism for Perl (and Apache web server)
like JSP tag ?

Graf Laszlo

James Willmore 11-03-2003 04:28 PM

Re: Something like JSP tags

On 3 Nov 2003 05:44:40 -0800
graf.laszlo@axis.hu (Laszlo) wrote:

> Hi Gurus
>
> Did somebody develop a mechanism for Perl (and Apache web server)
> like JSP tag ?

Wombat (http://search.cpan.org/~ix/Wombat-0.7.1/lib/Wombat.pm). It's
design is similar to Tomcat.

If you use Apache, there is a way to use server side includes.
However, from what I've read, it created more headaches as far as
server security is concerned. There is a tutorial you coulde read on
this (Apache specific) -
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/ssi.html
It's been a long time since I've used SSI at all.

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
"The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel
and vinyl." -- Dave Barry

Malcolm Dew-Jones 11-03-2003 06:55 PM

Re: Something like JSP tags

Laszlo (graf.laszlo@axis.hu) wrote:
: Hi Gurus

: Did somebody develop a mechanism for Perl (and Apache web server)
: like JSP tag ?

: Graf Laszlo

If you mean html web pages with additional xml-ish tags that control
variable content and logic, but use perl instead of java, then look at the
various template packages available.