Velocity Reviews

-   -   Looking for a search engine submit script (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t882954-looking-for-a-search-engine-submit-script.html)

Public Interest 10-06-2003 07:16 AM

Looking for a search engine submit script

The most recent ones I can find online is as out of date as 2001. What I am
looking for is something like http://www.addpro.com/submit30.htm

But even this most recent "free tool" has 3-4 out of date links.

I remember on http://www.jimworld.com/tools/ there was a free tool, but he
took it out of his website and he never released the source code.

Basically, anyone who kept track of url submiting syntax on different search
engines can write a Perl or HTML tools easily...

James Willmore 10-06-2003 02:25 PM

Re: Looking for a search engine submit script

"Public Interest" <ir@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<bF8gb.166115$0v4.12560844@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> The most recent ones I can find online is as out of date as 2001. What I am
> looking for is something like http://www.addpro.com/submit30.htm
>
> But even this most recent "free tool" has 3-4 out of date links.
>
> I remember on http://www.jimworld.com/tools/ there was a free tool, but he
> took it out of his website and he never released the source code.
>
> Basically, anyone who kept track of url submiting syntax on different search
> engines can write a Perl or HTML tools easily...

There are a few different methods you could use if you were to write your own.

Pre-made scripts/applications _may_ be available at http://freshmeat.net

HTH

Jim

Public Interest 10-06-2003 08:15 PM

Re: Looking for a search engine submit script

Do you know anything about freshmeat.net and sourceforge.net? Are they
similar and S is bigger than F? Heard IBM bought sourceforge.net.

news:e0160815.0310060625.4bb1a7c@posting.google.co m...

Tad McClellan 10-06-2003 09:26 PM

Re: Looking for a search engine submit script

Public Interest <ir@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Do you know anything about freshmeat.net and sourceforge.net? Are they
> similar and S is bigger than F? Heard IBM bought sourceforge.net.

Please do not make off-topic posts.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
tadmc@augustmail.com Perl programming