Velocity Reviews

-   -   I would like to use unsupported variant type VT_I8 and VT_UI4. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t882894-i-would-like-to-use-unsupported-variant-type-vt_i8-and-vt_ui4.html)

Stephan Meszaros 10-02-2003 04:11 PM

I would like to use unsupported variant type VT_I8 and VT_UI4.

Hi, I am a newbie with PERL and I writing a script to access some
ActiveX methods that are using VT_I8 and VT_UI4.
I have succeeded so far accessing other methods that are using the
supported types in the Win32::OLE::Variant module.

How hard would it be to add support for the VT_I8 and VT_UI4 variant
types?
Where do I start?

Thank you!
Stephan

Jay Tilton 10-03-2003 12:09 AM

Re: I would like to use unsupported variant type VT_I8 and VT_UI4.

:
: How hard would it be to add support for the VT_I8 and VT_UI4 variant
: types?
: Where do I start?

It _might_ be as easy as adding them to the Win32::OLE::Variant module.

sub VT_UI4 {19;}
sub VT_I8 {20;}

Or it might require more work. Try asking ActiveState about it--contact
information is in the Win32::OLE documentation.