Velocity Reviews

-   -   Classic ASP HTML Templates like Perl's HTML::Template? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t882666-classic-asp-html-templates-like-perls-html-template.html)

C. Olive 09-23-2003 03:03 PM

Classic ASP HTML Templates like Perl's HTML::Template?

Sorry to ask for ASP help in a Perl group, but Perl people are the
only ones that are going to know what in the world I'm talking about
by way of Perl comparisions...

I'm stuck doing development work in VBScript and ASP. Yuck.
Previously I've always been able to do ASP work in PerlScript and so
I've always been able to bring the power of Perl (and CPAN modules)
into the ASP environment, but not at this gig.

I'm sorely missing the power of HTML::Template (which I actually used
in ASP/PerlScript). Do any of you Perl hackers out there that have
been pressed into a similiar spot (eg. having to do ASP work) know of
a free ASP templating system that works like Perl's HTML::Template?
I'm desparate. It's twice the work in Classic ASP to use ASP as is
not to mention having to code in VBScript (how do people stomach this
stuff, I wonder?)... Hopefully some Perl person has crossed this
bridge and knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks,
Chris
-----
Chris Olive
chris [I'm at] technologEase [dot] com
http://www.technologEase.com
(pronounced "technologies")

Chris Smith 10-04-2003 05:29 PM

Re: Classic ASP HTML Templates like Perl's HTML::Template?

C. Olive wrote:

> Sorry to ask for ASP help in a Perl group, but Perl people are the
> only ones that are going to know what in the world I'm talking about
> by way of Perl comparisions...
>
> I'm stuck doing development work in VBScript and ASP. Yuck.
> Previously I've always been able to do ASP work in PerlScript and so
> I've always been able to bring the power of Perl (and CPAN modules)
> into the ASP environment, but not at this gig.
>
> I'm sorely missing the power of HTML::Template (which I actually used
> in ASP/PerlScript). Do any of you Perl hackers out there that have
> been pressed into a similiar spot (eg. having to do ASP work) know of
> a free ASP templating system that works like Perl's HTML::Template?
> I'm desparate. It's twice the work in Classic ASP to use ASP as is
> not to mention having to code in VBScript (how do people stomach this
> stuff, I wonder?)... Hopefully some Perl person has crossed this
> bridge and knows what I'm talking about.

I've gone from ASP to Perl. You're screwed. Sorry.

There are precisely zero ASP templating systems that work properly.

--
Chris Smith
http://www.infinitemonkeys.org.uk/