Velocity Reviews

-   -   debugger not steping into the sub (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t882608-debugger-not-steping-into-the-sub.html)

Sam 09-21-2003 08:37 AM

debugger not steping into the sub

Hello
$perl -d test.pl
DB<19> n
main::(perl.pl:44)
@Mk = ma_calc(@field, $Mk);
DB<19>
it goes not actually going into my subroutine which is at line 55 of my
perl.pl

any hint is appriciated.
thanks

peter pilsl 09-21-2003 09:01 AM

Re: debugger not steping into the sub

Sam wrote:

> Hello
> $perl -d test.pl
> DB<19> n
> main::(perl.pl:44)
> @Mk = ma_calc(@field, $Mk);
> DB<19>
> it goes not actually going into my subroutine which is at line 55 of my
> perl.pl
>
> any hint is appriciated.
> thanks

try s instead of n if you want to enter subroutines ..

s [expr] Single step. Executes until the beginning of another
statement, descending into subroutine calls. If an
expression is supplied that includes function calls, it
too will be single-stepped.

n [expr] Next. Executes over subroutine calls, until the beginning of
the next statement. If an expression is sup*
plied that includes function calls, those functions will
be executed with stops before each statement.

peter

--
peter pilsl
pilsl_usenet@goldfisch.at