Velocity Reviews

-   -   Running a function in the parent window (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t880254-running-a-function-in-the-parent-window.html)

Christopher Finke 10-24-2004 09:07 PM

Running a function in the parent window

I am writing a Firefox extension. I have a XUL window that opens when a
menu option is chosen. The user fills in a form in the popup window, and
then when the user clicks OK, I would like an http request to be made to a
server and for the popup to close. The problem I am having is that when the
window closes, the http request is stopped as well.

How can I run the function that makes the http request from the main browser
window (or how can I stop the http request function from stopping when the
popup window is closed)?

Thanks,

Chris Finke

Martin Honnen 10-25-2004 11:02 AM

Re: Running a function in the parent window

Christopher Finke wrote:

> I am writing a Firefox extension. I have a XUL window that opens when a
> menu option is chosen. The user fills in a form in the popup window, and
> then when the user clicks OK, I would like an http request to be made to a
> server and for the popup to close. The problem I am having is that when the
> window closes, the http request is stopped as well.
>
> How can I run the function that makes the http request from the main browser
> window (or how can I stop the http request function from stopping when the
> popup window is closed)?

Why can't you wait to close the popup once the response to the HTTP
request is there?

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/