Velocity Reviews

-   -   inserting image in title of html page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t879783-inserting-image-in-title-of-html-page.html)

Miguel Angel 09-27-2004 11:47 PM

inserting image in title of html page

Hi,

I would like to insert an image into a html page title. I have been
looking for information on how to do it, but haven't found any, thus
here I am.

I may be in the wrong place, but I could not find any other group that
dealt with anything to do with html.

Is is possible to do this? {It is only a little image :)}

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you kindly.

Miguel

Philip Ronan 09-27-2004 11:50 PM

Re: inserting image in title of html page

On 28/9/04 12:47 am, Miguel Angel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to insert an image into a html page title. I have been
> looking for information on how to do it, but haven't found any, thus
> here I am.

Search Google for "favicon"

--
Philip Ronan
phil.ronanzzz@virgin.net

Miguel Angel 09-29-2004 06:44 AM

jmm-list-gn <jmm-list.AXSPAMGN@sohnen-moe.com> wrote in message news:<x5OdnfZjIPnxNcXcRVn-oA@giganews.com>...
> Miguel Angel wrote:
> >
> > I would like to insert an image into a html page title. I have been
> > looking for information on how to do it, but haven't found any, thus
> > here I am.
> >

> Add this to your <head> section:
> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
>
> Use your favorite image editor to create the favicon image: icon file
> format, 16x16 pixels.

Hi,

I have looked this up (as per your instructions), however, this is not
what I wanted to do. I don't want an icon to show on the address bar
or in the favourites section. I want to show next to the title of a
page an image. That is, the image is part of the title of the page so
it shows on the top of the browser, or frame of the browser. I haven't
seen anything like it before, so I don't know if it is possible.
As an alternative, I did try the icon suggestions but it didn't work
(I don't know why, I followed the directions), but since that wasn't
my original request I abandoned it.

Thanks anyway.

Miguel

Michael Winter 09-29-2004 08:27 AM

Re: inserting image in title of html page

On 28 Sep 2004 23:44:27 -0700, Miguel Angel <M___Angel@hotmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I have looked this up (as per your instructions), however, this is not
> what I wanted to do. I don't want an icon to show on the address bar
> or in the favourites section. I want to show next to the title of a
> page an image. [...]

So by title, you mean next to the text in the TITLE element? Like

<head>
<title>Page title *Image here*</title>
</head>

No, that's not possible.

Mike

--
Michael Winter

Miguel Angel 09-30-2004 04:53 AM

"Michael Winter" <M.Winter@blueyonder.co.invalid> wrote in message news:<opse2xwxu4x13kvk@atlantis>...
> On 28 Sep 2004 23:44:27 -0700, Miguel Angel <M___Angel@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > I have looked this up (as per your instructions), however, this is not
> > what I wanted to do. I don't want an icon to show on the address bar
> > or in the favourites section. I want to show next to the title of a
> > page an image. [...]

> So by title, you mean next to the text in the TITLE element? Like
>
> <head>
> <title>Page title *Image here*</title>
> </head>
>
> No, that's not possible.
>
> Mike

That is exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks for letting me know this
is not possible.

Miguel