Velocity Reviews

-   -   what are system PATH environment variables? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t87916-what-are-system-path-environment-variables.html)

darrel 10-04-2004 09:20 PM

what are system PATH environment variables?

We've purchased a component that requires us to install two DLLs. One we add
as a reference to our project, but the otherone we have to add to the
'environment setup' as a system path reference. What, exactly are these and
how do they compare to project reference DLLs?

-Darrel

Scott Allen 10-04-2004 09:58 PM

Re: what are system PATH environment variables?

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Properties ->
Environment Variables. Here you can add a system environment
variable.

What is it telling you to add to the environment variables? Perhaps
the second dll is a native (non-.NET dll) that reads configuration
information from the environment variables.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/