Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to specify the page looks in window onload?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t878925-how-to-specify-the-page-looks-in-window-onload.html)

Matt 08-12-2004 02:24 AM

how to specify the page looks in window onload??

I have a page1 that opens a window called page2.

I want page2 doesn't have title bar, tool bar, address bar. Is it possible
to specify in javascript function window_onload() in page2? I don't want
to specify in window.open() in page1 when it loads page2.

<script type="text/javascript">
function window_onload()
{
}
</script>

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn 08-12-2004 07:45 AM

Re: how to specify the page looks in window onload??

Matt wrote:

> I have a page1 that opens a window called page2.

You should forget about unrequested popup windows right now. Windows XP
Service Pack 2 was released two days ago; it modifies IE to block such
popups by default (users can change that setting but few will). And IE
is, alas (because of its flaws), still the most used browser today.

Read the <http://jibbering.com/faq/>.

> Is it possible to specify in javascript function window_onload() in page2?

Yes, but it is not required here.

PointedEars

Robert 08-12-2004 04:41 PM

Re: how to specify the page looks in window onload??

> Is it possible
> to specify in javascript function window_onload() in page2?

No. If you could do that, any javascript program could alter how the
current window was displayed. I wouldn't want my command line
vanishing. Would you?

>I don't want
> to specify in window.open() in page1 when it loads page2.

No. You may specify this in page1. That is if you have access to
page one.

Robert