Velocity Reviews

-   -   move text over avi (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t878516-move-text-over-avi.html)

Niall Linden 07-20-2004 11:22 AM

move text over avi

Is there any way to move text over an AVI or shockwave object. i have
put each one in its own <div> and can move them around and over each
other. when i have text on text or on pictures its fine. but when i
try to move text over a shockwave it disappears. i have set the z
indexes etc but no luck. is there any way to do this

Niall

Martin Honnen 07-20-2004 11:44 AM

Re: move text over avi

Niall Linden wrote:

> Is there any way to move text over an AVI or shockwave object. i have
> put each one in its own <div> and can move them around and over each
> other. when i have text on text or on pictures its fine. but when i
> try to move text over a shockwave it disappears. i have set the z
> indexes etc but no luck. is there any way to do this

On Windows IE and recent Mozillas/Netscapes should support
<embed wmode="transparent"
to embed your Flash and then you should be able to apply CSS z-index to
stack any other HTML elements on top of the embedded Flash.
But as far as I know that doesn't work on other platforms and not in all
browsers even on Windows thus it is rather not something you should
depend on to build a web site. Might be fine on an intranet where you
know which browsers your users have.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/