Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Javascript (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f68-javascript.html)
-   -   Can I holdup and activate the context-menu as a sub-menu? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t878268-can-i-holdup-and-activate-the-context-menu-as-a-sub-menu.html)

Michel 07-06-2004 11:37 AM

Can I holdup and activate the context-menu as a sub-menu?
 
I like to show a inbetween selfmade menu when rightclicking the page.
So on the first line I want to add "Default right-click menu".

So first I need to capture it, then I need to stop the context-menu
from showing up, then show a self designed pop-up menu and then I need
to be able to activate the real client-site context-menu from this
menu without clicking the right mouse button.

Any idee welcome, thanks!

Richard Cornford 07-06-2004 01:38 PM

Re: Can I holdup and activate the context-menu as a sub-menu?
 
Michel wrote:
> I like to show a inbetween selfmade menu when rightclicking
> the page. So on the first line I want to add "Default
> right-click menu".
>
> So first I need to capture it,


oncontextmenu events, where supported.

> then I need to stop the context-menu
> from showing up,


That just cannot always be done. Some browsers allow the context menu to
be cancelled and others don't (and others give the user the choice).

> then show a self designed pop-up menu and then I need
> to be able to activate the real client-site context-menu from this
> menu without clicking the right mouse button.


I don't think that can be done at all. Once you have cancelled the
original context menu event that is the end of that so you would need to
induce the browser to re-open it. I am not sure if generating a
contextmenu event would result in the context menu appearing, but
support for creating and triggering your own events is distinctly patchy
anyway.

Richard.



Michel 08-02-2004 09:54 PM

Re: Can I holdup and activate the context-menu as a sub-menu?
 
Richard Cornford:
> Michel wrote:
> > I like to show a inbetween selfmade menu when rightclicking
> > the page. So on the first line I want to add "Default
> > right-click menu".
> >
> > So first I need to capture it,

>
> oncontextmenu events, where supported.
>
> > then I need to stop the context-menu
> > from showing up,

>
> That just cannot always be done. Some browsers allow the context menu to
> be cancelled and others don't (and others give the user the choice).
>
> > then show a self designed pop-up menu and then I need
> > to be able to activate the real client-site context-menu from this
> > menu without clicking the right mouse button.

>
> I don't think that can be done at all. Once you have cancelled the
> original context menu event that is the end of that so you would need to
> induce the browser to re-open it. I am not sure if generating a
> contextmenu event would result in the context menu appearing, but
> support for creating and triggering your own events is distinctly patchy
> anyway.


Still I like to try it, if only I know how to generate a contextmenu
event from javascript?


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.