Velocity Reviews

-   -   Excel _WorkBook vs. Excel.Workbook (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t87559-excel-_workbook-vs-excel-workbook.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIEhlYXZleQ==?= 09-29-2004 11:57 AM

Excel _WorkBook vs. Excel.Workbook

What is the difference between these two objects and which should I be using
to create an Excel worrkbook in code?

Is there some reason I should create a reference to the
Microsoft.Office.Core vs. Microsoft.Excel.10.Objects.Library? I suppose the
office give me access to the whole suite of application where excel is excel.
So if I think I might need the others, then include the office reference and
not the excel? The coding is going to be the same in both cases...right
(assuming the same version of Excel)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] 09-29-2004 03:48 PM

Re: Excel _WorkBook vs. Excel.Workbook

You shouldn't really be instantiating either of those objects from ASP.NET
(even though I think they are really two different pointers to the same
object.)
Excel wasn't designed to be used as a server component, so you're inviting
problems.
Here's more details:

Here are some alternative ideas for you:
http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterA...200309so_l.asp

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP