Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problems with Page Up, Page Down, and Copy (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8732-problems-with-page-up-page-down-and-copy.html)

News Reader 05-11-2004 12:34 PM

Problems with Page Up, Page Down, and Copy

I'm using Mozilla 1.6 on Windows 98SE.

I view news groups using Google Groups. Occasionally, when viewing a
thread the page up, page down, home, and end keys do not work. The
scroll button does work but not the others. If I highlight some words
and do select Edit, the Copy feature is not selectable. Right now,
the arrow keys do not work in this message box.

If I close Mozilla and reopen it, the above mentioned keys will
function, at least for a short while.

No changes in software on my machine lately,

Any ideas what might be causing these problems and how to fix them
without having to close Mozilla?

Thanks for any help.

Moz Champion 05-12-2004 02:13 AM

Re: Problems with Page Up, Page Down, and Copy

News Reader wrote:

> I'm using Mozilla 1.6 on Windows 98SE.
>
> I view news groups using Google Groups. Occasionally, when viewing a
> thread the page up, page down, home, and end keys do not work. The
> scroll button does work but not the others. If I highlight some words
> and do select Edit, the Copy feature is not selectable. Right now,
> the arrow keys do not work in this message box.
>
> If I close Mozilla and reopen it, the above mentioned keys will
> function, at least for a short while.
>
> No changes in software on my machine lately,
>
> Any ideas what might be causing these problems and how to fix them
> without having to close Mozilla?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Exactly what do you mean by 'using Google Groups'?

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Pun Krocker 05-12-2004 02:28 AM

http://tinyurl.com/yweyt

--
d[_]b PK

interviewing people who can't talk
for people who can't read."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Caffeine Junkie 05-12-2004 04:37 AM

News Reader writes:

> I'm using Mozilla 1.6 on Windows 98SE.
>
> I view news groups using Google Groups. Occasionally, when viewing a
> thread the page up, page down, home, and end keys do not work. The
> scroll button does work but not the others. If I highlight some words
> and do select Edit, the Copy feature is not selectable. Right now,
> the arrow keys do not work in this message box.
>
> If I close Mozilla and reopen it, the above mentioned keys will
> function, at least for a short while.
>
> No changes in software on my machine lately,
>
> Any ideas what might be causing these problems and how to fix them
> without having to close Mozilla?

First, left-click once in the right-most pane to give it the focus and
then the page up, page down, home and end keys should work as expected.

--
Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.

Moz Champion 05-12-2004 04:49 AM

Pun Krocker wrote:

> Moz Champion said the following on 12 May 2004 03:13:
>

>> Exactly what do you mean by 'using Google Groups'?
>>

> http://tinyurl.com/yweyt

Um, why not subscribe to the newsgroups directly and avoid the added interface of Google?

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

News Reader 05-12-2004 12:05 PM

Caffeine Junkie <c8h10n4o2@MichiganWolverine.com> wrote in message news:<2gdo02F1hm41U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> News Reader writes:
>
> > I'm using Mozilla 1.6 on Windows 98SE.
> >
> > I view news groups using Google Groups. Occasionally, when viewing a
> > thread the page up, page down, home, and end keys do not work. The
> > scroll button does work but not the others. If I highlight some words
> > and do select Edit, the Copy feature is not selectable. Right now,
> > the arrow keys do not work in this message box.
> >
> > If I close Mozilla and reopen it, the above mentioned keys will
> > function, at least for a short while.
> >
> > No changes in software on my machine lately,
> >
> > Any ideas what might be causing these problems and how to fix them
> > without having to close Mozilla?

> First, left-click once in the right-most pane to give it the focus and
> then the page up, page down, home and end keys should work as expected.

Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem.