Velocity Reviews

-   -   Playing Quicktime movies (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t872702-playing-quicktime-movies.html)

Creegan 09-25-2003 06:00 PM

Playing Quicktime movies

I have a webpage with thumbnail images that I want to be able to click
on to play associated Quicktime movie files in either IE or Netscape.
I'm having difficulty finding any HTML or Javascript code for doing
this, and was wondering if this is not an easy thing to do. Is there
some special code needed for detecting Netscape Quicktime plugins,
and what about IE?

Randell D. 09-26-2003 02:55 AM

Re: Playing Quicktime movies

"Creegan" <eddyd@teleport.com> wrote in message
news:750b090e.0309251000.50a1d9@posting.google.com ...
> I have a webpage with thumbnail images that I want to be able to click
> on to play associated Quicktime movie files in either IE or Netscape.
> I'm having difficulty finding any HTML or Javascript code for doing
> this, and was wondering if this is not an easy thing to do. Is there
> some special code needed for detecting Netscape Quicktime plugins,
> and what about IE?

I've not done this but I have it bookmarked as its a project I was supposed
to work on... but... perhaps if you take a look at

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tools_tips/tutorials/

it might help you out...

cheers
randelld