Velocity Reviews

-   -   JavaScript cookies (in subdirectories) and PHP file (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t872475-javascript-cookies-in-subdirectories-and-php-file.html)

duane 09-16-2003 10:52 PM

JavaScript cookies (in subdirectories) and PHP file

Dear Experts:

I have a problem with my JS cookies. I am setting cookies in files
located in two different directories, e.g. one in ROOT, one in
ROOT/dir1/dir2. The cookies are then sent to PHP file (server-side)
which writes their values to a textfile, e.g. OUT.txt.

The cookies that are in ROOT are working perfectly. No problem. The
cookies set in ROOT/dir1/dir2, however, "seemed" to be set and read
correctly, although
they are never written into OUT.txt in the server. I have used:

javascript.alert(document.cookie);

to make sure that all the cookies are set and read properly. They are
displaying correct cookie values. I have also set the path of cookies
in ROOT/dir1/dir2 to ROOT directory, e.g. path=/, making sure the
cookies are accessible from anywhere in the domain.

I am running out of ideas what may cause the problem and hope you
could help me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Duane

Janwillem Borleffs 09-18-2003 07:54 PM

Re: JavaScript cookies (in subdirectories) and PHP file

"duane" <duawaktu@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:592d2609.0309161452.744046bf@posting.google.c om...

> I have a problem with my JS cookies. I am setting cookies in files
> located in two different directories, e.g. one in ROOT, one in
> ROOT/dir1/dir2. The cookies are then sent to PHP file (server-side)
> which writes their values to a textfile, e.g. OUT.txt.

How do you write the cookies to the text file?

> The cookies that are in ROOT are working perfectly. No problem. The
> cookies set in ROOT/dir1/dir2, however, "seemed" to be set and read
> correctly, although
> they are never written into OUT.txt in the server. I have used:
>
> javascript.alert(document.cookie);

Be aware that when testing cookies this way, they will be available before
the cookie header is send. This is because in JavaScript, 'document' is an
object and 'cookie' a property of this object.

In PHP, the cookie is available not sooner then after a reload of the page.

JW