Velocity Reviews

-   -   need command line XHTML validator (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t871546-need-command-line-xhtml-validator.html)

Jim Cant 08-12-2003 04:51 PM

need command line XHTML validator

Can anyone recommend a command line XHTML parser. I want something I can use
in automated builds, not something with a web or GUI interface.

dealing with JavaScript would be helpful; dealing with Java Server pages
(with embedded Java code) would be optimal.

I've tried 'tidy' but its output is cryptic.

Thanks in advance,
jim cant

Erhard Schwenk 08-12-2003 06:21 PM

Re: need command line XHTML validator

Jim Cant wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a command line XHTML parser. I want something I can use
> in automated builds, not something with a web or GUI interface.
>
> dealing with JavaScript would be helpful; dealing with Java Server pages
> (with embedded Java code) would be optimal.
>
> I've tried 'tidy' but its output is cryptic.

perhaps, you are looking for xmllint which AFAIK is delivered with libxslt

--
Erhard Schwenk

Akkordeonjugend Baden-Württemberg - http://www.akkordeonjugend.de
K-ITX Webhosting - http://webhosting.k-itx.net