Velocity Reviews

-   -   Deleting info using checkbox in javascript (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t871466-deleting-info-using-checkbox-in-javascript.html)

ed 08-08-2003 02:44 PM

Deleting info using checkbox in javascript

Hi everyone hope you guys can help me out on this. I'm working on an
upload page where it has the file name, file size, and type of the
file that is uploaded. I want to add a checkbox next to each of the
uploaded file where i can delete the uploaded file if it is checked.
Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? Any help on this would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Ben Dover - Mental Patient 0057 08-08-2003 07:34 PM

Re: Deleting info using checkbox in javascript

ed wrote:

> Hi everyone hope you guys can help me out on this. I'm working on an
> upload page where it has the file name, file size, and type of the
> file that is uploaded. I want to add a checkbox next to each of the
> uploaded file where i can delete the uploaded file if it is checked.
> Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? Any help on this would be
> appreciated. Thanks.

That would not be javascript.

you will need a CGI to do that. (or ASP, PHP, etc, you know the drill.)

I would have perl CGI look at a directory and generate a plain HTML for
users web browser.
user submits the HTML.
the perl script would take the parsed form that the user submitted and
delete the files.

please look at:
perl
perl CGI
perl command unlink (delete files)
perl newsgroups

or PHP and ASP newsgroups.

Eddie Tan 08-15-2003 02:53 PM

Re: Deleting info using checkbox in javascript

So do you have an example of doing this using perl CGI?
Thanks