Velocity Reviews

-   -   Listing machine accounts & sids in an NT 4 domain? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t870147-listing-machine-accounts-and-sids-in-an-nt-4-domain.html)

Brian Duffy 07-15-2003 01:45 PM

Listing machine accounts & sids in an NT 4 domain?

Hello list,

I'm trying to generate lists of machines & sids in Windows NT 4 & W2k
AD domains to help detect machines that get re-imaged with a new copy
of windows. I'm currently operating on the assumption that when a
machine is re-imaged a new SID will be generated and kept at the
domain level.

I figure if I can list all of the thousands of machine sids in the
domain and place them in a database, I can periodically list all the
machine SIDs again and easily identifity the ones that have changed.

The only problem is, I am having difficulty finding a perl function
that returns both the name & the sid of the workstation.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Brian Duffy
bduffy@nycap.nospam.rr.com