Velocity Reviews

-   -   Compiling the h2xs way. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t869982-compiling-the-h2xs-way.html)

kspecial@linuxmail.org 07-07-2003 10:56 PM

Compiling the h2xs way.

My name is Noah. What i'm trying to figure out is how I can
compile this module: Win32::Scheduler. Most modules can simply be
inserted, be compiled (if you will) with a Makefile, or if there is
not one made, h2xs.

Now. H2xs is probably what i'm going to need *not quite sure.
Check out how the file directory looks:

~\scheduler\blib\lib\Win32:
--> Scheduler.PM
--> Scheduler(Directory)
\Scheduler:
-->CopyJobs.pl
-->TEST.PL
-->Win32-Scheduler.ppd
-->TIE_Scheduler.xpp
-->TIE_Task.xpp
-->CONSTANT.CPP
-->Scheduler.cpp
-->TIE_Task.cpp
-->TIEFunctions.cpp
-->CONSTANT.H
-->Scheduler.hpp
-->SchedulerBuild.h
-->VERSION.H
-->Scheduler.dsp
-->Scheduler.dsw
-->Scheduler.def
-->win32perl.h
-->CUString.lib
-->CUString.hpp
<EOF>-----------------------------------<EOF>

Quite UGLY I might add, but as you can see i have tried to
spiff it up for whomever may be reading.

So. ANY clues or small hint's (weeny) would be helpfull.
Thank you.

--K-sPecial

James E Keenan 07-07-2003 11:31 PM

Re: Compiling the h2xs way.

<kspecial@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
news:365f784f.0307071456.6961d899@posting.google.c om...
> My name is Noah. What i'm trying to figure out is how I can
> compile this module: Win32::Scheduler. Most modules can simply be
> inserted, be compiled (if you will) with a Makefile, or if there is
> not one made, h2xs.
>
> Now. H2xs is probably what i'm going to need *not quite sure.
> Check out how the file directory looks:
>
> ~\scheduler\blib\lib\Win32:

[snip]

My hunch is that you are referring to this CPAN module.
http://search.cpan.org/src/DAVEROTH/...lib/Win32/Sche
duler/

The author does not appear to have provided a README, so we can only guess
at how it should be installed. Perhaps you should correspond directly with
him: rothd@roth.net

kspecial@linuxmail.org 07-09-2003 03:53 PM

Re: Compiling the h2xs way.

"James E Keenan" <jkeen@concentric.net> wrote in message news:<becvro$c17@dispatch.concentric.net>...
> <kspecial@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
> news:365f784f.0307071456.6961d899@posting.google.c om...
> > My name is Noah. What i'm trying to figure out is how I can
> > compile this module: Win32::Scheduler. Most modules can simply be
> > inserted, be compiled (if you will) with a Makefile, or if there is
> > not one made, h2xs.
> >
> > Now. H2xs is probably what i'm going to need *not quite sure.
> > Check out how the file directory looks:
> >
> > ~\scheduler\blib\lib\Win32:

> [snip]
>
> My hunch is that you are referring to this CPAN module.
> http://search.cpan.org/src/DAVEROTH/...lib/Win32/Sche
> duler/
>
> The author does not appear to have provided a README, so we can only guess
> at how it should be installed. Perhaps you should correspond directly with
> him: rothd@roth.net

Thank you,
Auther has been contacted, no response yet. I will keep looking.
Remember if anyone else has ever compiled this module before let me know.

--K-sPecial