Velocity Reviews

-   -   File::Find Problems with ntfs compressed folders (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t869843-file-find-problems-with-ntfs-compressed-folders.html)

John Armsby 06-30-2003 08:43 PM

File::Find Problems with ntfs compressed folders

My apologies if this has already been posted.... Just point where...

I am using the following script to get file path, filename, and
timestamp. Worked fine until the NT guys started compressing folders.
I can point the script explicitly at a compressed folder and it will
recurse down. Unfortunately it does not seem to "see" compressed
folders by default and then recurse down.

Is there an update to this somewhere??

#!c:\perl\bin\perl -w

# power.pl uses the arc server name and returns the full path and file
name
# along with the timestamp of the file......

use File::Find;

# find \&Getit , 'develop/';
# find \&Getit , 'j:/depts/wspproje/projectd/library/';
# find \&Getit , '\\\HDQ_Doc1/Vol1/depts/wsp projects/project
documents/library';
find \&Getit , '\\\myServer.domain.com/PowerServer/';

sub Getit
{
if ( -f && (@FileStat = stat) )
{
$FileName =$File::Find::name;
$FileTime = $FileStat[9];
$LocalFileTime =localtime($FileTime);
$FileName =~s|/|\\|g; # added to replace foreward slashes with
back slashes... 4/26/00
$FileName =~s|\\\\10\.228\.128\.11||g;
$FileName =~s|\\PowerServer|PowerServer|g;
print("\n$FileName|$LocalFileTime");

}
}

John