Velocity Reviews

-   -   Reading from piped standard input on w2k (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t869834-reading-from-piped-standard-input-on-w2k.html)

Yuri Shtil 06-30-2003 07:50 PM

Reading from piped standard input on w2k

Hi all

My question is related to both csharp and perl (sort of).

I am trying to fork and exec a csharp program from perl and then feed input
to the csharp.
The problem I am having is that when I am trying to read from Console.In via
Console.Readline the read call never
returns even though I send \n at the end of the string.

Any idea how to make this work ? Do you think the buffering on the perl side
is the problem ?

Yuri

Tad McClellan 06-30-2003 10:17 PM

Re: Reading from piped standard input on w2k

Yuri Shtil <shtil@comcast.net> wrote:

> Do you think the buffering on the perl side
> is the problem ?

What happened when you turned autoflush on?

(perldoc -q flush)

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
tadmc@augustmail.com Perl programming