Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] New mandate needed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t869581-re-si-new-mandate-needed.html)

PeterN 03-20-2012 12:20 AM

Re: [SI] New mandate needed

On 3/19/2012 5:02 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

> ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
>
> --
> The Committee.

Abstractions.
the abstraction must be created from a photograph, with the image
recognizable, or be a pure abstraction with nothing recognizable.

e.g. solarizations that show the essential character of the object.

--
Peter

Robert Coe 03-20-2012 02:56 AM

Re: [SI] New mandate needed

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:20:04 -0400, PeterN <peter.new@nospam.verizon.net>
wrote:
: On 3/19/2012 5:02 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
: >
: > ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
: >
: > --
: > The Committee.
:
:
:
: Abstractions.
: the abstraction must be created from a photograph, with the image
: recognizable, or be a pure abstraction with nothing recognizable.
:
: e.g. solarizations that show the essential character of the object.

I guess that has possibilities, if interpreted broadly enough.

Bob

RichA 03-20-2012 01:52 PM

Re: New mandate needed

On Mar 19, 8:20*pm, PeterN <peter....@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> On 3/19/2012 5:02 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
>

> > ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.

> > --
> > The Committee.

> Abstractions.
> the abstraction must be created from a photograph, with the image
> recognizable, or be a pure abstraction with nothing recognizable.
>
> e.g. solarizations that show the essential character of the object.
>
> --
> Peter

Sounds like a good idea.