Velocity Reviews

-   -   Piracy (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t869483-piracy.html)

Roger Brown 03-17-2012 01:47 AM

Piracy

iPod users

$8 billion worth of stolen goods in the palm of their hand!

http://www.neowin.net/news/the-bizar...copyright-math

victor 03-17-2012 05:45 AM

Re: Piracy

On 17/03/2012 2:47 p.m., Roger Brown wrote:

> iPod users
>
> $8 billion worth of stolen goods in the palm of their hand!
>
> http://www.neowin.net/news/the-bizar...copyright-math

Now you see why MegaUpload had to be stopped at all costs.

Frank Williams 03-17-2012 06:20 AM

Re: Piracy

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:45:11 +1300, victor <user1@example.net> wrote:

>On 17/03/2012 2:47 p.m., Roger Brown wrote:
>>
>> iPod users
>>
>> $8 billion worth of stolen goods in the palm of their hand!
>>
>> http://www.neowin.net/news/the-bizar...copyright-math

>Now you see why MegaUpload had to be stopped at all costs.

Read the Article its all FAKE quotes, total lies.

Frank Williams 03-17-2012 10:31 PM

Re: Piracy

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:06:45 +1300, Kiwi <paul@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:20:06 +1300, Frank Williams
><FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:

>>>Now you see why MegaUpload had to be stopped at all costs.

>>Read the Article its all FAKE quotes, total lies.
>>

>Roger,
>
>The article was meant to be tongue in cheek. It was attemptiing to
>show the outrageous claims that the RIAA are making. If you believe
>their claims, you should pay the RIAA $150,000 for every song you have
>on your PC or Ipod/mp3 player.
>
>Cheers, Kiwi

I know that but the previous poster did not.

victor 03-17-2012 10:45 PM

Re: Piracy

On 18/03/2012 11:31 a.m., Frank Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:06:45 +1300, Kiwi<paul@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:20:06 +1300, Frank Williams
>> <FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:

>>> Read the Article its all FAKE quotes, total lies.
>>>

>> Roger,
>>
>> The article was meant to be tongue in cheek. It was attemptiing to
>> show the outrageous claims that the RIAA are making. If you believe
>> their claims, you should pay the RIAA $150,000 for every song you have
>> on your PC or Ipod/mp3 player.
>>
>> Cheers, Kiwi

> I know that but the previous poster did not.

I'm serious ;-) MegaUpload was responsible for billions of dollars worth
of fake damages.

On the other hand you can get your 8 billion dollars worth of iPod crime
legitimized by paying Apple $24.99.

Frank Williams 03-18-2012 08:11 AM

Re: Piracy

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 11:45:59 +1300, victor <user1@example.net> wrote:

>On 18/03/2012 11:31 a.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:06:45 +1300, Kiwi<paul@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>>> Roger,
>>>
>>> The article was meant to be tongue in cheek. It was attemptiing to
>>> show the outrageous claims that the RIAA are making. If you believe
>>> their claims, you should pay the RIAA $150,000 for every song you have
>>> on your PC or Ipod/mp3 player.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Kiwi

>> I know that but the previous poster did not.

>I'm serious ;-) MegaUpload was responsible for billions of dollars worth
>of fake damages.

Prove it..?

victor 03-18-2012 07:39 PM

Re: Piracy

On 18/03/2012 9:11 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 11:45:59 +1300, victor<user1@example.net> wrote:

>>> I know that but the previous poster did not.

>> I'm serious ;-) MegaUpload was responsible for billions of dollars worth
>> of fake damages.

> Prove it..?

fake damages don't need proof

Bruce Sinclair 03-19-2012 12:05 AM

Re: Piracy

In article <jk18d5$tap$1@speranza.aioe.org>, victor <user1@example.net> wrote:
>On 17/03/2012 2:47 p.m., Roger Brown wrote:
>>
>> iPod users
>>
>> $8 billion worth of stolen goods in the palm of their hand!
>>
>> http://www.neowin.net/news/the-bizar...copyright-math

>Now you see why MegaUpload had to be stopped at all costs.

Yep ... bad calculations based on crappy assumptions. :)

-Newsman- 03-19-2012 06:27 AM

Re: Piracy

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:47:41 +1300, Roger Brown <rbrown@knowone.com>
wrote:

>iPod users
>
>$8 billion worth of stolen goods in the palm of their hand!
>
>http://www.neowin.net/news/the-bizar...copyright-math

Excellent news that only proves that the toneless, talentless noise
that must-have peer-driven deadbrains download to their iPods is worth
exactly what they pay for it.