Velocity Reviews

-   -   iPad (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t869319-ipad.html)

nof 03-13-2012 05:28 AM

iPad

Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
still here.

Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?

Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
Can't go there.

My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
get videos of sport or news items on Safari?

I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
that someone.

nof

Robin Halligan 03-13-2012 06:18 AM

Re: iPad

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:28:19 -0700 (PDT), nof wrote:

> Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
> still here.
>
> Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?
>
> Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
> Can't go there.
>
> My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
> the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
> browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
> most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
> get videos of sport or news items on Safari?
>
> I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
> register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
> passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
> gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
> that someone.
>
> nof

Comp.mobile.ipad

Only one i can find on ET

victor 03-13-2012 07:08 AM

Re: iPad

On 13/03/2012 6:28 p.m., nof wrote:
> Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
> still here.
>
> Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?
>
> Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
> Can't go there.
>
> My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
> the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
> browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
> most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
> get videos of sport or news items on Safari?
>
> I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
> register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
> passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
> gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
> that someone.
>
> nof

I have an ipad 2, it streams Al Jazeera and CNN with Safari.
I get great performance with Ustream.

Frank Williams 03-13-2012 07:17 AM

Re: iPad

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:28:19 -0700 (PDT), nof <noflynn@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
>still here.
>
>Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?
>
>Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
>Can't go there.
>
>My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
>the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
>browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
>most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
>get videos of sport or news items on Safari?
>
>I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
>register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
>passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
>gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
>that someone.
>
>nof

Total Crap get a Laptop or one that does not lock you into Expensive
Applications then again NO Flash support.

If you want a Toy get a iPad if you want a computer buy a Computer.

Peter Huebner 03-14-2012 10:24 PM

Re: iPad

In article <3d0ba760-4ceb-4e95-bd5f-c2ea4075e0f3
@z5g2000pbu.googlegroups.com>, noflynn@gmail.com says...

> Hello everyone. I have been away for a year or so but you are all
> still here.
>
> Is there a newsgroup that deals with iPad?
>
> Tried the Forum but the time it takes to register again is unhelpful.
> Can't go there.
>
> My query is about the new iPad. The one thing I would like to see is
> the ability of Safari to see videos or sport online. I do have a
> browser Puffin which does not mind about the flash drive and shows
> most things. Also have Tennistv which is expensive. But why can't I
> get videos of sport or news items on Safari?
>
> I am not going back to the ipad forum because it takes too long to
> register again. Like everyone else I do keep my user names and
> passwords in a separate place. I am sure someone will have the same
> gripe as I have when I am told someone else has that password! Yea I'm
> that someone.
>
> nof

Try Opera Mini for ipad and see how that performs instead of Safari.

h.t.h., -P.