Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to receive and send websocket messages in Java? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t869130-how-to-receive-and-send-websocket-messages-in-java.html)

Mihael 03-07-2012 08:02 PM

How to receive and send websocket messages in Java?

Hello!

I try to create websocket server on Java

this is my draft of code http://pastebin.com/k1D46cV7

i try to connect from Chrome on Mac version 17.0.963.66
from this test page http://websocket.org/echo.html

And connection success

But when i send any data to server, in console on server application i see string like

БУ*ѓчЮ’ ЫттПДсюƒТкљ№Тмл Е

how can i decode this string to normal?

And when i try to send answer from server - client not get message...

Please, give me code for right receive and decode message and right encode and send message.

Big thanks :)

----

I found documentation http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/80/slides/hybi-2.pdf butcan't understand..

Mihael 03-07-2012 08:03 PM

Re: How to receive and send websocket messages in Java?

P.S. Sorry for bad english..

Lew 03-07-2012 09:17 PM

On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:02:40 PM UTC-8, Mihael wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I try to create websocket server on Java
>
> this is my draft of code http://pastebin.com/k1D46cV7
>
> i try to connect from Chrome on Mac version 17.0.963.66
> from this test page http://websocket.org/echo.html
>
> And connection success
>
> But when i send any data to server, in console on server application i see string like
>
> БУ*ѓчЮ’ ЫттПДсюƒТкљ№Тмл Е

That's because you aren't controlling the string encoding.

> how can i [sic] decode this string to normal?

What is "normal"?

> And when i try to send answer from server - client not get message...
>
> Please, give me code for right receive and decode message and right encode and send message.

What is the native platform encoding on the server side?

Always include encoding explicitly in the calls to encode/decode strings.

Don't manipulate bytes to make Strings. Even 'char' isn't safe, as code points can be wider than 16 bits.

Don't hard-code numeric values for end-of-line.

Use a 'Reader' and 'Writer' instead of raw streams.

Spell "receive" correctly.

--
Lew

Mihael 03-07-2012 10:08 PM

Re: How to receive and send websocket messages in Java?

Thanks for your answer! But i can't understand, how to decode БУ*ѓчЮ’ ЫттПДсюƒТкљ№Тмл Е ?

When I send "1" i get string ББђ,¶3*
or send "ping" i get string БДЧ≤’4зџїS
or send "hello world!" i get string БМяЩрЈfхЬ∞#оЯ*oэ—

this is special encoded websocket strings? or what?

pseudo code is

InputStream is = s.getInputStream();
byte buf[] = new byte[64*1024];
int r = is.read(buf);
String data = new String(buf, 0, r);
System.out.println("Recieved Data: " + data);

Knute Johnson 03-07-2012 10:24 PM

On 3/7/2012 2:08 PM, Mihael wrote:
> Thanks for your answer! But i can't understand, how to decode БУ*ѓчЮ’ ЫттПДсюƒТкљ№Тмл Е ?
>
> When I send "1" i get string ББђ,¶3*
> or send "ping" i get string БДЧ≤’4зџїS
> or send "hello world!" i get string БМяЩрЈfхЬ∞#оЯ*oэ—
>
> this is special encoded websocket strings? or what?
>
> pseudo code is
>
> InputStream is = s.getInputStream();
> byte buf[] = new byte[64*1024];
> int r = is.read(buf);
> String data = new String(buf, 0, r);
> System.out.println("Recieved Data: " + data);

If you are going to send Strings, you don't want to read and write bytes.

BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(
s.getInputStream(),***YOUR CHAR SET GOES HERE***));

br.readLine();

If the server you are connecting to is using a different character set
you need to use a different constructor for InputStreamReader that sets
the character set. See the docs for InputStreamReader.

--

Knute Johnson