Velocity Reviews

-   -   I stand humbled and corrected (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t869004-i-stand-humbled-and-corrected.html)

thedarkman 03-03-2012 08:37 PM

I stand humbled and corrected

http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/id_home_of_ice.html

and my ditty re Nigel Grant are now okay. I appear to have made an
even more fundamental error yesterday. I was editing my FinacialReform
website:

http://www.financialreform.info/

and uploaded these two files to that by mistake.

Regarding browsers refusing to accept my pages. If you check the HTML
I use against that in use in 2001 I think you will find it validates
reasonably well, certainly there will be a few dozen or even a few
errors in big files rather than hundreds.

Check out some of the old files on the Internet Archive and you will
see. I am therefore optimistic that my websites will be visible long
after I have departed this Earth. More to the point, when the world
realises I was right about Gerry Gable, Linda Carty, Major Douglas and
a hundred and one other people and things, your descendants will build
a shrine to me, so my coding will be academic.

Doug Miller 03-04-2012 06:38 PM

Re: I stand humbled and corrected

In article <dd9e8713-926f-48a5-bfb1-18bac43cdead@d17g2000vba.googlegroups.com>, thedarkman <A_Baron@ABaron.Demon.Co.UK> wrote:
>http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/id_home_of_ice.html
>
>and my ditty re Nigel Grant are now okay.

For some peculiar definition of "okay" that encompasses one hundred twenty
seven validation errors...

> I appear to have made an
>even more fundamental error yesterday. I was editing my FinacialReform
>website:
>
>http://www.financialreform.info/

Only nine errors -- remarkably good. For your work, that is.

thedarkman 03-06-2012 05:43 PM

On Mar 4, 7:02*pm, "Hot-Text" <hot-t...@mynews.ath.cx> wrote:
> Here thedarkman Fix no errors
>
> <http://hot-text.ath.cx/~bd~/d/id_home_of_ice.txt>

I tried to e-mail you but your address bounced.

idle 03-06-2012 08:00 PM

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 12:37:58 -0800 (PST), thedarkman wrote in alt.html:

> your descendants will build
> a shrine to me, so my coding will be academic.

Shrine?
Maybe case study at one of these places.
http://www.bromleymind.org.uk/mental-health-services/
http://www.oxleas.nhs.uk/advice-and-...-help/bromley/

;)

--
idle
This may require an extended intercourse in order to come to a proper

thedarkman 03-21-2012 11:29 PM

Re: I stand humbled and corrected

> Maybe case study at one of these places.http://www.bromleymind.org.uk/mental...-help/bromley/

I've noticed that people are more willing to throw epithets and ad
hominem at me than debate me.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 03-22-2012 12:19 AM

thedarkman wrote:

[idle wrote:]
>> Maybe case study at one of these
>> places.http://www.bromleymind.org.uk/mental-health-services/
>> http://www.oxleas.nhs.uk/advice-and-...-help/bromley/

> I've noticed that people are more willing to throw epithets and ad
> hominem at me than debate me.

Debate? <lol>

The sole reason is because you refuse to take any advice on how to
improve your (lack of) coding skills and argue with those who help you.

Oh, and your pages are ugly.

--
-bts

Gene Wirchenko 03-22-2012 02:15 AM

Re: I stand humbled and corrected

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:29:26 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman
<odemgoldenslippers@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Maybe case study at one of these places.http://www.bromleymind.org.uk/mental...-help/bromley/

>I've noticed that people are more willing to throw epithets and ad
>hominem at me than debate me.

Well, posting help for your HTML does not seem to have worked.

Debating with you would be something like wrestling with a pig.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig enjoys it."

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko