Velocity Reviews

catchmerevisited 04-26-2004 01:33 AM

I would like to think that I am the owner of the information I give freely
of myself, and if anyone is charging for that information, I should be
reimbursed for being the originator.
The intellectual rights to whatever statements I make belong to me, and b/c
I have not copyrighted my own material, should be distributed freely as open
source.
Therefore if someone does pay to do a background check on myself, using
internet or other private companies to do so, please have them enclose a
check for half the balance.
Any information you gather without cost, you may distribute freely. This
includes this post, which I generously crossposted to as many newsgroups as
I felt relevant to my beliefs that I have visited up until now.

Octavia Occult Publishing 05-08-2004 05:15 AM

Re: in response to an interesting thread

Sorry, boyo...you'll have to catch them red handed like the rest of us
professionals - in order to do that you'll have to offer the courts valid
evidence. Otherwise, its just words, and those words belong to the public.
But, first you'll have to catch them, and that's not as easy as it seems.
Are you willing to waste the money for a court order saying little more than
"Cease and Desist"? If you have the money to waste, go ahead...otherwise,
like the rest of us who have been troubled by a copyright infringement case,
suck it up and pretend like you're intelligent enough to be quoted.

R.L.Angus
Octavia Occult Publishing
OctaviaOccult.Com
Info@OctaviaOccult.Com
(403) 242 - 0397

catchmerevisited 05-08-2004 10:57 AM

Re: in response to an interesting thread

in article X1_mc.31285$U75.13119@edtnps89, Octavia Occult Publishing at
JamieJT@telusplanet.net wrote on 5/7/04 10:15 PM:

> Sorry, boyo...you'll have to catch them red handed like the rest of us
> professionals - in order to do that you'll have to offer the courts valid
> evidence. Otherwise, its just words, and those words belong to the public.
> But, first you'll have to catch them, and that's not as easy as it seems.
> Are you willing to waste the money for a court order saying little more than
> "Cease and Desist"? If you have the money to waste, go ahead...otherwise,
> like the rest of us who have been troubled by a copyright infringement case,
> suck it up and pretend like you're intelligent enough to be quoted.
>
> R.L.Angus
> Octavia Occult Publishing
> OctaviaOccult.Com
> Info@OctaviaOccult.Com
> (403) 242 - 0397

I should have been a little clearer in stating how the post was to be
interpreted; somewhat of a satire piece along the lines of what has being
going on since Napster, and the Internet, et al.
Limitations on intellectual property, the protection of Privacy Rights, and
the absurd argument that postings onto internet forums where anybody around
the World can read them are "private property", and as such belongs to the
server irrespective of who did the posting- unless the author posted with
intent to defame or threaten injury to, another party.
There cannot be two-three sets of contradictory laws in these matters, in
relation to the internet, nor can we allow FBI to act on behalf of private
enterprise to confiscate "illegal" MP3's anymore than we can expect the same
Feds to guard public libaries' copy machines in order to prevent illegal
duplicating of books bearing the copyright of the publisher and/or teh
author, and for which no express permission was given.

IFF however, we do find ourselves with such an absurd contradiction of
regulations then I will want to capitalise on this by claiming all material
I post, be the Intellectual Property of noone but mine own, and therefore to
receive my share just for straining my wits and my wrists.
(Payable in Canadian Tire money at the rate of $.02/ character, misspellings
included).