Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to handle calling functions from cli (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t868705-how-to-handle-calling-functions-from-cli.html)

Rodrick Brown 02-24-2012 10:16 PM

How to handle calling functions from cli

I have a bunch of sub routines that run independently to perform various system checks on my servers. I wanted to get an opinion on the following code Ihave about 25 independent checks and I'm adding the ability to disable certain checks that don't apply to certain hosts.

m = { 'a': 'checkDisks()',
'b': 'checkMemSize()',
'c': 'checkBondInterfaces()'
}

parser = argparse.ArgumentParser(description='Parse command line args.')
parser.add_argument('-x', action="store", dest="d")
r = parser.parse_args(sys.argv[1:])

runlist = [ c for c in m.keys() if c not in r.d ]
for runable in runlist:
eval(m[runable])

I'm using temp variable names for now until I find an approach I like.

Is this a good approach ? It doesn't look too pretty and to be honest feels awkward?

Sent from my iPhone