Velocity Reviews

-   -   Facebook problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t868511-facebook-problem.html)

Geopelia 02-18-2012 10:00 PM

Facebook problem

Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still comes
up and I can't log in.
(They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page looks
like?)

I've asked Facebook but just get a computerised answer which is no help.
I've hunted around on Google but can't find anything.

They also ask me to change my email password, but I don't email from
Facebook and don't know what they mean.

Otherwise, how do I get rid of Facebook if I can't log in?
Perhaps I should get rid of it and start again.
If I can't get rid of it, I'll just ignore it. Eventually they may think I
have died and cancel it themselves.

I've tried to open a new account but keep getting told I've already got one.

Any ideas? (Nothing technical please!)

Thank you
Geopelia

Enkidu 02-18-2012 10:22 PM

Re: Facebook problem

On 19/02/12 11:00, Geopelia wrote:
> Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
> I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still comes
> up and I can't log in.
> (They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page looks
> like?)
>
> I've asked Facebook but just get a computerised answer which is no help.
> I've hunted around on Google but can't find anything.
>
> They also ask me to change my email password, but I don't email from
> Facebook and don't know what they mean.
>
> Otherwise, how do I get rid of Facebook if I can't log in?
> Perhaps I should get rid of it and start again.
> If I can't get rid of it, I'll just ignore it. Eventually they may think I
> have died and cancel it themselves.
>
> I've tried to open a new account but keep getting told I've already got one.
>
> Any ideas? (Nothing technical please!)

Just asking - do you have the capslock button on?

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

Ralph Fox 02-18-2012 10:58 PM

Re: Facebook problem

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:00:23 +1300, in message <jhp71q$ce1$1@dont-email.me>
Geopelia wrote:

> Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
> I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still comes
> up and I can't log in.
> (They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page looks
> like?)

They know what their own page ought to look like. But on your computer,
it seems, their page is not doing the usual thing.

If they ask for a screenshot, send one. But have only Facebook open
when you take the screenshot.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Frank Williams 02-19-2012 12:14 AM

Re: Facebook problem

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:00:23 +1300, "Geopelia" <Geopelia@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
>I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still comes
>up and I can't log in.
>(They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page looks
>like?)
>
> I've asked Facebook but just get a computerised answer which is no help.
>I've hunted around on Google but can't find anything.
>
>They also ask me to change my email password, but I don't email from
>Facebook and don't know what they mean.
>
>Otherwise, how do I get rid of Facebook if I can't log in?
>Perhaps I should get rid of it and start again.
>If I can't get rid of it, I'll just ignore it. Eventually they may think I
>have died and cancel it themselves.
>
>I've tried to open a new account but keep getting told I've already got one.
>
>Any ideas? (Nothing technical please!)
>
>Thank you
>Geopelia

No one that knows use Face book, Very insecure

Keep well away..

Geopelia 02-19-2012 01:36 AM

Re: Facebook problem

"Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
> On 19/02/12 11:00, Geopelia wrote:
>> Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
>> I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still
>> comes
>> up and I can't log in.
>> (They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page
>> looks
>> like?)
>>
>> I've asked Facebook but just get a computerised answer which is no
>> help.
>> I've hunted around on Google but can't find anything.
>>
>> They also ask me to change my email password, but I don't email from
>> Facebook and don't know what they mean.
>>
>> Otherwise, how do I get rid of Facebook if I can't log in?
>> Perhaps I should get rid of it and start again.
>> If I can't get rid of it, I'll just ignore it. Eventually they may think
>> have died and cancel it themselves.
>>
>> I've tried to open a new account but keep getting told I've already got
>> one.
>>
>> Any ideas? (Nothing technical please!)
>>

> Just asking - do you have the capslock button on?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

I put it on for three letters in my password, but take it off again for
others.
I'll try again just pressing shift instead.
That didn't work, I still keep getting the page asking me to change my
password.
I'll change it to one of all lower case.
Didn't work. I got a page that says click reset password, but reset password
is nowhere on the page! Brilliant!

Geopelia 02-19-2012 01:40 AM

Re: Facebook problem

"Frank Williams" <FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote in message
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:00:23 +1300, "Geopelia" <Geopelia@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
>>I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still
>>comes
>>up and I can't log in.
>>(They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page
>>looks
>>like?)
>>
>> I've asked Facebook but just get a computerised answer which is no help.
>>I've hunted around on Google but can't find anything.
>>
>>They also ask me to change my email password, but I don't email from
>>Facebook and don't know what they mean.
>>
>>Otherwise, how do I get rid of Facebook if I can't log in?
>>Perhaps I should get rid of it and start again.
>>If I can't get rid of it, I'll just ignore it. Eventually they may think I
>>have died and cancel it themselves.
>>
>>I've tried to open a new account but keep getting told I've already got
>>one.
>>
>>Any ideas? (Nothing technical please!)
>>
>>Thank you
>>Geopelia
>>

> No one that knows use Face book, Very insecure
>
> Keep well away..

Everyone in the family overseas uses it to keep in touch, but if I can find
out how to get rid of it I could go back to just email.

Thank you

Geopelia

Donchano 02-19-2012 01:47 AM

Re: Facebook problem

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:14:13 +1300, Frank Williams
<FWilliams@happy.com.ru> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:00:23 +1300, "Geopelia" <Geopelia@nowhere.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
>>I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still comes
>>up and I can't log in.
>>(They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page looks
>>like?)
>>
>> I've asked Facebook but just get a computerised answer which is no help.
>>I've hunted around on Google but can't find anything.
>>
>>They also ask me to change my email password, but I don't email from
>>Facebook and don't know what they mean.
>>
>>Otherwise, how do I get rid of Facebook if I can't log in?
>>Perhaps I should get rid of it and start again.
>>If I can't get rid of it, I'll just ignore it. Eventually they may think I
>>have died and cancel it themselves.
>>
>>I've tried to open a new account but keep getting told I've already got one.
>>
>>Any ideas? (Nothing technical please!)
>>
>>Thank you
>>Geopelia
>>

>No one that knows use Face book, Very insecure
>
>Keep well away..

Knows what, you silly old fool (and I'm 70)?

Enkidu 02-19-2012 02:05 AM

Re: Facebook problem

On 19/02/12 14:36, Geopelia wrote:
> "Enkidu"<cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
>> On 19/02/12 11:00, Geopelia wrote:
>>> Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
>>> I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still
>>> comes
>>> up and I can't log in.
>>> (They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page
>>> looks
>>> like?)
>>>
>>> I've asked Facebook but just get a computerised answer which is no
>>> help.
>>> I've hunted around on Google but can't find anything.
>>>
>>> They also ask me to change my email password, but I don't email from
>>> Facebook and don't know what they mean.
>>>
>>> Otherwise, how do I get rid of Facebook if I can't log in?
>>> Perhaps I should get rid of it and start again.
>>> If I can't get rid of it, I'll just ignore it. Eventually they may think
>>> have died and cancel it themselves.
>>>
>>> I've tried to open a new account but keep getting told I've already got
>>> one.
>>>
>>> Any ideas? (Nothing technical please!)
>>>

>> Just asking - do you have the capslock button on?
>>

> I put it on for three letters in my password, but take it off again for
> others.
> I'll try again just pressing shift instead.
> That didn't work, I still keep getting the page asking me to change my
> password.
> I'll change it to one of all lower case.
> Didn't work. I got a page that says click reset password, but reset password
> is nowhere on the page! Brilliant!

OK, just checking as I said. There should be a light on the keyboard
that is ON when you have CapsLock on and OFF when you have CapsLock off.
We have had people complain that their passwords didn't work, and they
have had either CapsLock on or ShiftLock on so they weren't typing what
they thought that they were typing!

What exactly does the page say?

Geopelia 02-19-2012 02:19 AM

Re: Facebook problem

> On 19/02/12 14:36, Geopelia wrote:
>> "Enkidu"<cliffp@bogus> wrote in message

>>> Just asking - do you have the capslock button on?
>>>

>> I put it on for three letters in my password, but take it off again for
>> others.
>> I'll try again just pressing shift instead.
>> That didn't work, I still keep getting the page asking me to change my
>> password.
>> I'll change it to one of all lower case.
>> Didn't work. I got a page that says click reset password, but reset
>> password
>> is nowhere on the page! Brilliant!
>>

> OK, just checking as I said. There should be a light on the keyboard that
> is ON when you have CapsLock on and OFF when you have CapsLock off. We
> have had people complain that their passwords didn't work, and they have
> had either CapsLock on or ShiftLock on so they weren't typing what they
> thought that they were typing!
>
> What exactly does the page say?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

I keep getting these.
https://www.facebook.com/recover.php...n%40xtra.co.nz
https://www.facebook.com/checkpoint/...2540xtra.co.nz

Enkidu 02-19-2012 02:43 AM

Re: Facebook problem

On 19/02/12 15:19, Geopelia wrote:
> "Enkidu"<cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
>> On 19/02/12 14:36, Geopelia wrote:
>>> "Enkidu"<cliffp@bogus> wrote in message

>>> I put it on for three letters in my password, but take it off again for
>>> others.
>>> I'll try again just pressing shift instead.
>>> That didn't work, I still keep getting the page asking me to change my
>>> password.
>>> I'll change it to one of all lower case.
>>> Didn't work. I got a page that says click reset password, but reset
>>> password
>>> is nowhere on the page! Brilliant!
>>>

>> OK, just checking as I said. There should be a light on the keyboard that
>> is ON when you have CapsLock on and OFF when you have CapsLock off. We
>> have had people complain that their passwords didn't work, and they have
>> had either CapsLock on or ShiftLock on so they weren't typing what they
>> thought that they were typing!
>>
>> What exactly does the page say?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cliff

> I keep getting these.
> https://www.facebook.com/recover.php...n%40xtra.co.nz
> https://www.facebook.com/checkpoint/...2540xtra.co.nz

For some reason the second one takes me back to the login page. But I
tried the process anyway.

What I think is happening is that when you put in your Gmail email in
the box, and click "Send codes and login to Gmail" it does just that -
sends to your Gmail account which of course you can't access!

Try the link that says "No longer have access to these?" You then get a
page that says "How can we reach you?".

If you have another email address put that in there and access the
recovery information (probably a link) from there.

If you don't, get a relative or trusted friend to let you use theirs to
receive the recovery information.