Velocity Reviews

-   -   What to do when sfc can't fix the installation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t868222-what-to-do-when-sfc-cant-fix-the-installation.html)

miso 02-12-2012 01:00 AM

What to do when sfc can't fix the installation

I was having problems with a program that I know worked fine. I did a
sfc /scannow and it fixed some files. The program that wasn't working
recovered nicely. However it claims there are files it can't repair.

I loaded the win 7 pro DVD and did the "repair", but nothing was found
to need repair. The text claims this is a start-up repair, and I could
boot the PC just fine even when it needed files to be fixed.

The sfc cbs log is about 6.5Mbytes. Is there anything particular in it
that I should be on the lookout?