Velocity Reviews

-   -   Visual Studio 2010 Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t867981-visual-studio-2010-support.html)

Alec Taylor 02-05-2012 02:37 PM

Visual Studio 2010 Support

PIL, PyCrypto and many other modules require a C compiler and linker.

Unfortunately neither install on my computer, with a PATH with the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC
C:\libraries\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin
C:\libraries\MinGW
C:\Python27\Scripts

Output from G:\pycrypto>vcvarsall.bat
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 x86 tools.

Error output from G:\pycrypto>python setup.py build --compiler msvc
http://pastebin.com/nBsuXDGg

Error output from G:\pycrypto>python setup.py build --compiler mingw32 1> log1 2> log2
Log1: http://pastebin.com/yG3cbdZv
Log2: http://pastebin.com/qvnshPeh

Will there ever be support for newer MSVC versions? - Also, why doesn't even MinGW install PyCrypto for me?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor