Velocity Reviews

-   -   How does code metrics affect your motivation? Academic survey (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t867763-how-does-code-metrics-affect-your-motivation-academic-survey.html)

RLC 01-31-2012 07:58 PM

How does code metrics affect your motivation? Academic survey

Hello,

I am conducting research on the effects source code quality
measurements have on developers general motivation and well-being.

If you write code for a living, please give us just a few minutes of
your time and respond to this questionnaire.

http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=46061csldl

Many thanks,

Roi

Lew 02-01-2012 03:32 AM

Re: How does code metrics affect your motivation? Academic survey

RLC wrote:
> I am conducting research on the effects source code quality
> measurements have on developers’ general motivation and well-being.
>
> If you write code for a living, please give us just a few minutes of
> your time and respond to this questionnaire.
>
> http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=46061csldl

I appreciate that you maintain anonymity. It looks like a responsible site.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

RLC 02-01-2012 02:57 PM

On Feb 1, 3:32*am, Lew <no...@lewscanon.com> wrote:
> RLC wrote:
> > I am conducting research on the effects source code quality
> > measurements have on developers’ general motivation and well-being.

> > If you write code for a living, please give us just a few minutes of
> > your time and respond to this questionnaire.

> > http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=46061csldl

> I appreciate that you maintain anonymity. It looks like a responsible site.
>
> --
> Lew
> Honi soit qui mal y pense.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../c/cf/Friz.jpg

Hi,
indeed I do (and bound by ethical guidelines from the University of
Liverpool). The questionnaire explicitly asks not to enter identifying
information.

Thanks,

Roi

Robert Klemme 02-03-2012 09:36 PM

On 01/31/2012 08:58 PM, RLC wrote:

> I am conducting research on the effects source code quality
> measurements have on developers general motivation and well-being.
>
> If you write code for a living, please give us just a few minutes of
> your time and respond to this questionnaire.

Are you interesting to discuss the topic of automated measurement of
code quality?

Kind regards

robert

Volker Borchert 02-04-2012 08:31 AM

RLC wrote:
> indeed I do (and bound by ethical guidelines from the University of
> Liverpool). The questionnaire explicitly asks not to enter identifying
> information.

Well, it would have been nice if you had included some introduction,
along the lines of "Hi, my name is ..., and for my ... thesis at
the ... I'm doing a survey ...", and a reference to your faculty's
and/or project's web site, in your first post. Ppeople are much more
likely to respond if they know for what and to whom.

--

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy <mccoy@ncc1701.starfleet.fed>
"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert <v_borchert@despammed.com>

RLC 02-05-2012 10:51 AM

Re: How does code metrics affect your motivation? Academic survey

Hi,
My name is Roi Lustik-Cohen and I'm conducting a survey as part of
my Information Systems Management Msc with the University of
Liverpool. My dissertation investigates the effects of measuring code
quality on developers' motivation and well -being. Your help is very
much appreciated.

Regards,

Roi

RLC 03-01-2012 06:41 PM

Re: How does code metrics affect your motivation? Academic survey

Group members,

The survey will close by the 10th of March - if you have not done so
already please give us a few minutes of your time.

Thank you