Velocity Reviews

-   -   List of current user activity (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t86635-list-of-current-user-activity.html)

Christina N 09-14-2004 09:16 AM

List of current user activity

I want to write a (vb.net) function that outputs a list of currently active
users, and an indication of how many minutes they've been inactive. I want
the output to look something like this:

SessionID Minutes since last activity
=================== =================
2igqzb45ylqm0hmroapzi3yd 5 minutes
2j0ets551fdbi0myf5ifp445 0 minutes
ih452lb1qf4ugh45hnzgehfw 1 minute

Is this possible using IIS/ASP.Net?

Best regards,
Christina

bruce barker 09-14-2004 04:14 PM

Re: List of current user activity

no builtin, but easy to code. create a static hashtable, and in global.asax
on Application_EndRequest, update the session id and timestatmp. then write
a page to query the hastable. should take less than 5 minutes to code.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Christina N 09-14-2004 07:46 PM

Re: List of current user activity

Could you please please give me an example on how to do this..?

Best regards,
Christina