Velocity Reviews

-   -   Highline (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t864750-highline.html)

Ruby Program 10-09-2010 06:19 PM

Highline

Was using highline for a program I am making for learning/fun. I got it
working perfectly but I have made it hit a limit which I don't know how
to get past. I want it to be able to use get_charter outside the
console.

Is this possible with highline or is there another library I can use
that will have this ability?

require 'rubygems'
require 'highline/import'
require "highline/system_extensions"
require 'win32/sound'
include Win32
include HighLine::SystemExtensions

char = 0;
while char.chr != "z"
char = get_character
if char.chr == "a"
Sound.play('C:\Users\rubiest\Desktop\Sounds\ask_mr _hat.wav')
elsif char.chr == "s"
Sound.play('C:\Users\rubiest\Desktop\Sounds\drugs_ x.wav')
elsif char.chr == "d"
Sound.play('C:\Users\rubiest\Desktop\Sounds\screw-u_x.wav')
elsif char.chr == "f"
Sound.play('C:\Users\rubiest\Desktop\Sounds\respec t_x.wav')
else
print "Now exiting"
end
end

James Edward Gray II 10-09-2010 10:52 PM

Re: Highline

On Oct 9, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Ruby Program wrote:

> Was using highline for a program I am making for learning/fun. I got =

it
> working perfectly but I have made it hit a limit which I don't know =

how
> to get past. I want it to be able to use get_charter outside the
> console.

HighLine is really focused towards console interactions, so it probably =
won't be of much help outside of that environment.

If you are wanting to read characters off of some IO-like interface for =
Ruby getc() may help. If you mean that you wish to capture keystrokes =
in a GUI environment, you'll need to look at a windowing toolkit.

I hope that helps.

James Edward Gray II=