Velocity Reviews

-   -   openCV and ruby (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t862337-opencv-and-ruby.html)

Mehdi Karamnejad 04-04-2010 07:49 AM

openCV and ruby

I've installed OpenCV image processing library and when I try to install
opencv gem(using gem install opencv) for ruby I get the following error
when building the library

iplimage.cpp: In function ‘VALUE mOpenCV::cIplImage::rb_initialize(int,
VALUE*, VALUE)’:
iplimage.cpp:91: error: ‘cvCvToIplDepth’ was not declared in this scope
iplimage.cpp: In function ‘VALUE mOpenCV::cIplImage::new_object(int,
int, int)’:
iplimage.cpp:228: error: ‘cvCvToIplDepth’ was not declared in this scope
iplimage.cpp: In function ‘VALUE mOpenCV::cIplImage::new_object(CvSize,
int)’:
iplimage.cpp:234: error: ‘cvCvToIplDepth’ was not declared in this scope

has anybody managed to use opencv for ruby?

me 04-16-2010 08:21 AM

Re: openCV and ruby

Mehdi Karamnejad wrote:
> I've installed OpenCV image processing library and when I try to install
> opencv gem(using gem install opencv) for ruby I get the following error
> when building the library
>
> iplimage.cpp: In function ‘VALUE mOpenCV::cIplImage::rb_initialize(int,
> VALUE*, VALUE)’:
> iplimage.cpp:91: error: ‘cvCvToIplDepth’ was not declared in this scope
> iplimage.cpp: In function ‘VALUE mOpenCV::cIplImage::new_object(int,
> int, int)’:
> iplimage.cpp:228: error: ‘cvCvToIplDepth’ was not declared in this scope
> iplimage.cpp: In function ‘VALUE mOpenCV::cIplImage::new_object(CvSize,
> int)’:
> iplimage.cpp:234: error: ‘cvCvToIplDepth’ was not declared in this scope
>
> has anybody managed to use opencv for ruby?

Try this patch:
http://blog.rikiji.it/me/entry/17