Velocity Reviews

-   -   embed svg file in html (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t860876-embed-svg-file-in-html.html)

dukeenggitster@gmail.com 12-14-2009 12:19 PM

embed svg file in html

In my rails application view i am using a svg file.I have a
static .svg file and then embed it in a html file.

<head>
<h2>Level 2 GSmart Report</h2>
</head>
<embed type="image/svg+xml" src="report.svg"
width='100%' height='100%' />

in controller i render the html file.

render :file =>'C:/instantrails/rails_app/ALUgsm/app/views/alu_gsm/
report.html'

It is showing the html but not svg content.
Can anybody help me,what to do?

Brian Candler 12-14-2009 01:23 PM

Re: embed svg file in html

Your first action should be to google for "embed SVG HTML".

After that, I suggest:

(1) Reproduce your problem using entirely static HTML files, which you
access using URLs like file:///temp/whatever.html

This takes Rails out of the equation altogether, so you can ask your
question on a HTML or web design mailing list if the embedding doesn't
work.

(2) If you can make it work with the static pages but not with Rails,
you can ask the question again on a Rails mailing list. Post your
relevant bits of server logs, so you can show whether the embed tag is
attempting to fetch the svg, and if so, whether it's succeeding or not.

Remember that you have a relative URL in your HTML, i.e.
src="report.svg", so the browser will probably be fetching
/some_controller/report.svg. Is that what you were expecting, and is
your application serving it?

(3) Rails happens to be written in Ruby. That's is a long way from your
problem area, so asking the question here on a Ruby programming language
mailing list is inconsiderate at best.

For more advice, see
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Arndt Roger Schneider 12-14-2009 01:28 PM

Re: embed svg file in html

dukeenggitster@gmail.com schrieb:

>In my rails application view i am using a svg file.I have a
>static .svg file and then embed it in a html file.

> <head>
> <h2>Level 2 GSmart Report</h2>
> </head>
> <embed type="image/svg+xml" src="report.svg"
>width='100%' height='100%' />
>
>in controller i render the html file.
>
> render :file =>'C:/instantrails/rails_app/ALUgsm/app/views/alu_gsm/
>report.html'
>

>It is showing the html but not svg content.
>Can anybody help me,what to do?

Congratulation!

The Jeszra documentation and Gestalitems use lots of svgs:
See http://jeszra.sourceforge.net/jeszra/index.html
http://jeszra.sourceforge.net/pages/index.htm
http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net

If you don't see any svg, then your browser is the culprit.
Camino 2.0 for example does not show html embedded svgs...
bug in the browser.

If you see them:
<object data="pictures/packfiltered01.svg" type="image/svg+xml"/>

-roger